Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Day of Spring

Yes!  Its officially the first day of spring.  I say, "officially", because in my neck of the woods we've had springlike and now summerlike temperatures for a couple weeks.  I'm hoping that the temps get back to a more normal range so that we can enjoy actual spring days.  This year, we've gone from wearing a leather coat to wearing t-shirts and shorts.  I so love this time of year with all of the new growth.  I find it so interesting how nature just knows when its time to wake up and show its beauty.  I discovered this morning that I already have buds on my bleeding hearts, plus my hyacinths are in full bloom.  I just love the scent of hyacinths!  I have an herb garden and the chives and garlic are up and green.  I also discovered that my rhubarb is coming up.  Such a pretty color!

With Easter being just a few shorts weeks away, here is my collection of spring wreaths:

                                               Colorful Spring Wreath

                                 
                                          Sweet Victorian Pansy Wreath


                                                        Simply Purple


                                          Bonnie Bunny Welcomes Spring


All of these are currently available in my Etsy shop.  Each of these wreaths offer a different look to any home.  Looks all the way from Victorian to simple elegance to just plain cute, as in "Bonnie Bunny".  I just love her!  What a sweet way to welcome guests to your home; especially on Easter Sunday.  How can you not smile when you look at her!

I also designed a religious themed bookmark that would make an excellent Easter gift, First Communion gift, a Confirmation gift, or even for someone who has accepted Jesus into their lives.  The aurora borealis finish on the pink and purple beads adds a sparkly touch to the dramatic cross charm.


I hope all of you have an enjoyable first day of spring!

Until later,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment