Saturday, March 9, 2013

What has been happening at the Cozy Cottage

It sure has been a while since I last posted.  It has been a trying time at my Cozy Cottage.  My mother who had been in hospice since January of 2012, passed away on October 6, 2012.  We had been having difficulties in our relationship for over a year prior to her going into hospice.  I am happy that my daughter and I were able to have long talks with her and work through all of it before it was too late.   There were many visits that were very enlightening to us.  We had gotten close to many of the staff members at the hospice center, who were a great comfort to us, during her stay there and after her passing.  I hope my mother is now at peace as I truly believe she lived with untreated depression and spent decades living with an ongoing family situation that she chose to accept instead of acknowledging and changing.  It is a shame how things played out, but I truly believe in two things.  One, the truth always comes out whether it be in my lifetime or not....the truth will be shown.  Secondly, karma has a wicked way of evening things out. 

So after just focusing and dealing with my grief, I decided that working on designs for my Etsy shop would help me deal with everything.  Crafting is an excellent way to relieve stress and tension.  My husband, daughter, and I decided to vendor at a few holiday craft shows which we were successful at plus we met lots of other great crafters.  Christmas at my shop was very good!  My angel tree toppers were just flying out of my cozy cottage.  Excuse the pun.  LOL!  Now that spring is just around the corner, I've decided to do a thorough clean out of my studio.  I have a whole section of "Destash Supplies" filled with ribbons, fabrics, etc., and with a whole lot more coming.

It was nice finally visiting with you and I hope to visit more often in future.  I hope to see you at my cozy cottage.

Until next time....

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment