Wednesday, March 27, 2013

crafting and reading

March is National Craft Month.  To me every day should have some crafting included in it.  What have you been crafting lately?  I love to see others creativity.  Besides designing items for my Etsy shop, I actually took some time to design something for me.  I purchased this beaded Easter Angel banner kit from Herrschners.  I really like how it turned out.  Beading, whether for jewelry or something like item is quite relaxing.  Sometimes it helps me to think through a problem or whatever is happening in my life at the time and other times I'm just "in the zone". 


I have been doing a lot of reading lately.  One book I recently was quite appropriate for the so called National Craft Month.  The book was The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini.  I went to a library used book sale, saw the cover and just knew it would be interesting.  By reading it, not only do you learn a variety of quilting styles, but you learn about family dynamics.  One of the most fitting themes for me in this story is how to not let your family split up over nonsense.  You only get one family.  My family means everything to me.  We are very, very close.  However, my extended family...not so much.  Its really a shame how some people don't want family.  When I think back, my extended family started to deteriorate years ago over money and wills.  Some people can only see one thing and only want one thing and will do whatever it takes to get to that end. Very sad indeed!  Surprisingly I stay strong and its made my immediate family and I even closer and happier.  Can't knock us down!  A song comes to mind with the verse, "I get knocked down, but I get up again".   Yep!  So readers, if there is conflict in your family....try to fix it.  If you get rebuked, at least you can say that you tried and then go hug your own immediate family and be thankful for them.

Until next time....

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment